The Influence of Authentic Leadership and Work Environment on Teachers Performance

Hada Hayata, Sugiarto sugiarto, Siti Rochanah

Abstract


This research was conducted to find that authentic leadership and work environment influence partially and simultaneously on the performance of teacher at  Junior High School in Bekasi. This study using a  descriptive quantitative approach regression models. The population in this study was 306 teachers, and the sample was taken using the Slovin formula with an error rate of 5% so that there were 75 teachers. The instrument used was a questionnaire distributed via Google Form based on the Likert scale. At the same time, hypothesis testing is obtained based on the results of the t-test, F test and the coefficient of determination test. The results prove that there are several conclusions, namely: (1) authentic leadership has a positive effect on the performance of Junior High School teachers; (2) The work environment has a positive and significant effect on the performance of Junior High School teachers; (3) Authentic leadership and work environment simultaneously influence the performance of Junior High School teachers with the results of the test value of the coefficient of determination of 0.673 or 67.3%, meaning that authentic leadership and work environment have an influence on performance by 67.3% and the rest 32.7% is influenced by variables not studied.


Keywords


Authentic leadership, Work Environment, Performance

Full Text:

PDF

References


Armstong, M. (2020). handbook of performance management (6th edition). British Library.

Colquitt, J. A., Lepine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2017). Organisational Behavior: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace. In Practice Development in Health Care (Sixth Edit, Vol. 4, Issue 4). McGraw-Hill. https://doi.org/10.1002/pdh.22

Darvish, H., & Rezaei, F. (2011). The Impact Of Authentic Leadership On Job Satisfaction And Team. Management & Marketing Challenges for the Knowledge Society, 6(3), 421–436.

Demus, A. w, Kindangen, P., & Tielung, M. V. . (2015). The impact of work environment on employee performance ( case study at pt . Bank artha graha international tbk , manado branch calaca ). international business administrarion, 15(05), 818–827.

Firdaus, A. (2018). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan Autentik Terhadap Work Engagement Melalui Psychological Capital Sebagai Variabel Intervening (Studi Pada Karyawan Bagian Kantor PT. Perkebunan Nusantara X Pabrik Gula Lestari Di Nganjuk). Jurnal Ilmu Manajemen (JIM), 6(3), 288–295.

George, J. M., & Jones, G. R. (2012). Understanding and Managing Organizational Behavior (S. Yagan (ed.); Sixth Edit). Pearson.

Gibson, J. L., Ivancevich, J. M., Donnelly, J. H., & Konopaske, R. (2009). Organisations: Behavior, Structure, Processes (Fourteenth). McGraw-Hill.

Lestary, L. (2017). Pengaruh Lingkungan Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan. Jurnal Riset Bisnis Dan Investasi, 3(2).

Okasheh, H., & AL-Omari, K. (2017). The Influence of Work Environment on Job Performance: A Case Study of Engineering Company in Jordan. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 12(24), 15544–15550.

Purwanto, A., Sopa, A., Primahendra, R., Kusumaningsih, S. W., & Pramono, R. (2020). Pengaruh Gaya Kepemimpinan Transactional , Transformational , Authentic Dan Authoritarian Terhadap Kinerja Guru. Jurnal Manajemen Pendidikan Islam, 04(01), 70–80.

Raso, R., Fitzpatrick, J. J., & Masick, K. (2020). Clinical nurses’ perceptions of authentic nurse leadership and healthy work environment. Journal of Nursing Administration, 50(9), 489–494. https://doi.org/10.1097/NNA.0000000000000921

Ribeiro, N., Gomes, D. R., & Kurian, S. (2018). Authentic leadership and performance : The mediating role of employees ’ affective commitment. Social Responsibility Journal, March. https://doi.org/10.1108/SRJ-06-2017-0111

Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2013). Organisational Behavior (15th editi). Pearson. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01148546

Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2017). Organisational Behavior, Seventeenth Edition, Global Edition. Pearson Education Limited, 747.

Wang, H., Sui, Y., Luthans, F., Wang, D., & Wu, Y. (2014). Impact of authentic leadership on performance: Role of followers’ positive psychological capital and relational processes. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 35(1), 5–21. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.1850

Wong, C. A., & Laschinger, H. K. S. (2012). role of empowerment. Huston 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06089.x




DOI: https://doi.org/10.35445/alishlah.v13i1.564

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2021 Hada Hayata, Sugiarto sugiarto, Siti Rochanah

Al-Ishlah Jurnal Pendidikan Abstracted/Indexed by:

    

 


 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.